Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Out of the Snow and a trip to North Carolina

Today is Wednesday, Feb 17. There is still snow on the ground. There is still snow in the parking lot. Not much snow removal happening. Here are my Project 365 photos for the last week or so:

Thursday, Feb 11, 2010: The car is free!! Our next door neighbors helped us dig out one last time, and gave the car big pushes as I backed it out of the space. I couldn't believe we were finally unstuck! I wanted to drive around the block in victory but settled instead for re-parking in a spot with less snow. The photo is taken from inside the space my car had occupied.
Friday, February 12, 2010: With my newfound freedom, I drove to North Carolina to visit my aunt Kim's family. On Friday I drove with Kim all over Durham, and watched the opening ceremony of the Winter Olympics in Vancouver. Alexa was home from college, and generally had a great time laying next to Kim and poking her. Because that's why you come home from college--to bug your mom.
Saturday, February 13: Snow followed me to North Carolina. I kid you not. When I woke up, there was about 2 inches of snow on the ground. Luckily, it hadn't stuck to the roads, so I was able to drive towards Raleigh to meet my friend Sarah R. Sarah and I met in the 7th grade orchestra cello section, where she called me "Albert" and we drove the conductor to distraction. We had a few classes together in high school, notably one our senior year called "Minority Issues," where we fended off a large group of ignorant boys who seemed to have a problem with minorities. That teacher was nearly driven to retirement. We reconnected through blogging, I think, and it was great to see eachother in person.
Saturday afternoon, my family and I went to see Valentine's Day, which is a movie, for those of you who do not follow these things (like myself). It's a lot like Love Actually, but takes place in America on Valentine's Day. It was quite cute. We all liked it, and followed the movie with a great Greek dinner. Here Alaina is waiting for Al and Alexa to come back with the car.
Sunday, February 14, 2010: Happy Valentine's Day! Even the cats were feeling the love. I lie. This is Gizmo playing with Puppy, the kitten. This kitten is so cute! It's like having a toddler in the house--he wants to play all the time. I spent much of the weekend petting 2 of the 4 cats and playing with Puppy.
Kim gave my hair a deep conditioning treatment, and then Alaina straightened it. She is really good at hair, and it was fun to step into her space for a bit. We had some good chats while she straightened, and it ended up looking great.

I came back to Bethesda on Sunday in anticipation of bad weather on Monday. Instead of bad weather came bad health: Kim and I had different versions of Norovirus. It was unpleasant. So I spent Monday and Tuesday in bed instead of taking pictures. Still not feeling 100%, and trying to figure out what is the next step in terms of bland food after egg noodles with olive oil and parm cheese with a little tofu. Pho? Pizza? Curry? (Just kidding about the last 2, Jill and Miriam!)

No comments:

Post a Comment