Friday, August 28, 2009

My version of Project 365

So there is this thing in blogland called Project 365, where you take a picture every day for a year and post it on your blog. I thought I'd do something similar, but probably won't do it every day. I want to document my few weeks of vacation with Sarah before I start my job and all memory of free time vanishes.



Wed August 19: Montgomery County Fair. We enjoyed lots of goats, bunnies, ducklings, and pet a bison. He wanted us to. We also ate funnel cake (Sarah's first!) and very soft serve twists dipped in peanut butter or chocolate shell. I will spare you these photos, as they basically show me covered from wrist to elbow in ice cream.

Tuesday August 18: Ben's Chili Bowl with Rosalie. We feasted on vegetarian chili, cheese fries, and Rosie had chili-cheese fries and a milkshake. We were fortunate enough to be in a back room with about 25 Japanese tourists who were on a large group plan. We were treated to a history of Ben's, which was really cool! A great snapshot of DC history around the time of the race riots. Ben's was the only business on U Street that stayed open the whole time. Then Rosalie was recruited to take a photo of the group.


Monday August 17: A tour of the Capitol was short, but allowed us a great view of the inside of the dome. One of the murals on the dome features Posiden and assorted underwater people in togas laying the transatlantic cable. We also got to see the tomb where George Washington was supposed to be buried (he isn't). I mean, he is buried, but not there.

No comments:

Post a Comment