Friday, October 16, 2009

Photos from Im's Visit

Im emailed me pictures from the weekend, so here they are. I have just turned the heat on in my apartment. It's cold and rainy. The pond by w--oh no! That was my fire alarm going off (just in my apartment), apparently set off by the heat. I fanned it into submission and turned off the heat. And put on a sweatshirt. Don't worry, Mom, I also called Chea.

Onto the photos:
On the metro on the way to see Cleve Jones.

Pho with Joey, Thomas, and Jake (Kim's' guy friends). Jake was eating the remainder of everyone's pho.

At Rock Bottom, Im and Su pour over the menu.

The evening was highly pleasant, and also highly funny. Su and Helene.

Su and Julia thought this was just a nice photo. Im thought otherwise.

Someone ordered an ice cream sundae, and 5 girls devoured it promptly.

Back at my apartment, hunkered down for the night.

Brunch the next day at Nest. We got to eat outside. Most of the Smithies we ran into were also wearing Celebration shirts. Again, I thought this was a nice photo, and Im had other ideas. :)

My fritatta.

The march went past the white house. I was surprised how close they let us. The sign on the right of the White House says, "Hetero is not Beter-O"

The interracial marriage sign I mentioned.

Julia was very enthusiastic about keeping the chanting and cheering going.
Su, Helene, Kim and Julia marching. You can tell that we had plenty of space to move around once the march got going.

Kim and Im at the rally. We found a nice spot in the shade and collapsed in a heap.

Still waiting for the picture with Girlyman. I have really been enjoying listening to their new CD. A thing I like about them is that not all of their songs have the same musical style. There is bluegrass (Girlygrass), straight up folk, a song that sounds like the Andrews sisters, and a pop-y boy band ode to Obama. These guys really rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment