Thursday, October 22, 2009

Sick Day Amusements and Back to Work

On Tuesday, I started to get a little bored at home. I spent some time wrapping the canned wombat up in a sheet, trying to achieve different fashion styles. Mostly, he looked like a nun.
I had 2 squash on my counter: a delicata and a spaghetti squash. Squash and Squash-on-South-Beach.
On Wednesday I finally returned to work, glad to be back after what felt like a long time (despite the fact that I had worked on Saturday and had only been out Monday and Tuesday). The day mostly consisted of responding to the 14 voicemails that accumulated during my absence.

Today, I was out and about in the community a bit. I got to see the PW County schools admin building, which is new and gorgeous. I love the open architecture. The downside, I suppose, is the fishbowl effect of the glass internal windows. It reminds me of the campus center.
The admin building is right near the landfill, where I spoke a few weeks ago. The hills pictured here are the landfill; hardly the garbage heap of our imaginations. It's actually quite a complex structure with a great view.
The leaves are turning here a bit. I do not see the same colors as in New England, but there are splashes of a red orange here and there.

I also saw a rainbow as I pulled into the office parking lot this morning. The drive in the mornings has been pretty since it stopped raining.

No comments:

Post a Comment