Friday, November 6, 2009

Project 365 Day 66 (approx)

Scroll down to the next posts to read about my weekend in Northampton in 4 lengthy (but hopefully pithy) installments.

I've been doing fairly well with Project 365. Not 100%. Many days I just work and come home. Stuff happens at work, but much of it would not be appropriate to blog about. Not that we are inappropriate at work, just, separation, you know? Do people have suggestions of things I could take pictures of in everyday life? In general, though, I am really enjoying the picture-taking.

Wednesday, 4 November: I saw this rainbow as I was in traffic on my way home from work.
Thursday, November 5: Happy Birthday Alexa! Stay tuned for a post about the cool thing I did on Thursday.

Friday, November 6: I walked over to NIH today to do some banking and to visit the old haunts. I got to catch up with Lily and Lisa and some of the post-docs in the lab, as well as hear about the (now dead) rats from my replacements. It felt good to show people there how much I am enjoying my public health work, and how happy I am. I got many comments on my haircut, and people noted that I look happy. I am. It was nice to see people, but I know that I am in the right place now. NIH has very successful rose bushes in several locations. They bloom longer than I've ever seen roses bloom. These are by Building 1.

The day has generally been low-key. Lots of catching up on blogging from my comfy arm chair. Talked on the phone to Aunt Jill and read Allison Bechdel's autobiography. I also cleaned out the freezer, and generally neatened up, because tonight is my last night living alone. Tomorrow my new roommate D will move in. Her parents will help her move. She's Jewish, a vegetarian, and a preschool music teacher. I am excited about this move. But nervous, of course, for the unknown.

In unrelated news, I now love goat cheese. I strongly disliked it up until about 2 months ago, when it suddenly stopped tasting vile. Now I have gone beyond and am craving it. On everything. I guess it's what you call an acquired taste...

It's Shabbat and I am going to Bet Mishpacha for the first time. I am hoping for friendliness and ease. Shabbat Shalom!

2 comments:

  1. This post actually gives me some hope about goat cheese...I still claim an allergy to it! Perhaps my day will come.

    Hope you had a good Shabbes. Mine was filled with 65 people - a little much, but *very* reminiscient of, well, you know what.

    Also, re: last post - your first date was while A Certain Someone was taste testing every Herrell's flaver that ever existed and loudly announcing "it's not sweet enough!" each time? Did you know that person nearly terrorized a toddler while you were off starting an epic romance?

    Ach, it was probably worth it. :-p Your epic romance is wearing combat boots made of rice pudding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your epic romance's MOM is wearing combat boots made of rice pudding.

    Also, wow. In the past week you eaten and liked both tempeh and goat cheese - the two items that were on pretty much everyone's yuck list at the K. What is this world coming to?

    ReplyDelete