Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving Dinner

We had 2 guests for Thanksgiving dinner: Rowan, and Anne, who was my Head Resident (like an RA) at Smith for 2 years. We all chatted in the kitchen while Rowan was sauteing chard, and then in the living room over goat cheese and white bean hummus. We read poems, as is the tradition in my family. I botched mine up, but everyone else did great. Anne read us a poem in German and in English--she translated it herself! Then we sat down to dinner, saying what we are thankful for.
Rowan, Anne, me.

All of the food turned out excellently! I was very happy. Before pecan pie, to let our food digest, we played a great game of Pictionary Telephone. There was much laughter over difficult-to-decipher pictures (mine) and hard-to-draw sentences (Rowan's).

A few were especially funny.
First Sentence: The grass is always greener on the other side
Last Sentence: One stick figure is scratching my cornea which makes me really sad so I have to go break something and drink a cup of hot tea.
The middle of that sheet involved lice and Jack and Jill.

Another one:
First Sentence: Is this the true face of genius?
Last Sentence: A man with a tugboat on his head hums while imagining his home with a replenishing fruit bowl outside--only there never seems to be any grapes.

The pecan pie was delicious with vanilla ice cream.

1 comment:

  1. Pictionary Telephone! I've *got* to bring that to the Kibbutz. Love it. Laughed like a kid.

    ReplyDelete