Thursday, November 12, 2009

We are breathing, we are seething

Feeling grumpy right now and not in the mood to wait for photos to load. No particular reason for the grumpy, but the prospect of gathering lunch and dinner for tomorrow is not helping. I'm working late tomorrow at the vaccine clinic, which I like doing very much. But planning to be out all day is daunting. And I just realized that I sort of messed up on some of the public messaging I was responsible for today. I don't think any of it actually got out to the public messed up, but I don't feel good about not catching several errors (or maybe making them--I'm not sure exactly what happened, but I didn't catch it). Grump, grump, grump. I don't like feeling grumpy and that makes me grumpy. Harumph.

I suppose I should move on from my hissy fit. Let's see, good things:
  • Very much enjoying my new roommate Daniella. We sang Dar Williams and Indigo Girls while she played guitar.
  • I am making great progress in my craft project (it's a secret right now, but not for long). It's a new variation on my usual type of crafting, and takes more concentration, but I am getting into it.
  • Great vibe in my office--much laughter and ribbing, plus collaboration. I generally feel able to communicate my ideas and views. Plus, I have some good public health discussions with my boss J on a regular basis.
  • Spent a very relaxing day off yesterday sleeping, crafting and reading juvenile fiction. I also had lunch with Jason. It was great to catch up with him and reminded me of how much fun we had in high school.
  • People at work will not be upset with me that I messed up. Plus, tomorrow I get to try a new position at the clinic. Perhaps it will lead to me botching up fewer names.
Okay, here is a picture of some colorful cauliflower at the Dupont Circle Farmer's Market.

No comments:

Post a Comment