Saturday, September 5, 2009

Bethesda Row

Wednesday, Sept 2: On Sarah's last night here we went out to a delicious dinner (more about that in another post). Afterwords, we walked in one of our favorite areas in Bethesda: Bethesda Row. It's a small walking street that's only been around for a year or so, and is full of posh shops that don't interest me. But oh the people-watching! There is a gelato shop to the right of these neon lights that had interesting flavors like basil-lemon, and peach processo. So there are many cute kids to watch eating gelato (the tamer flavors), and many people strolling.
These lights remind me of the Neilson public safety arch. Back when public safety was easy to find.
Also on this street is a large upscale restaurant with patio seating. I like to walk by and see what people are eating. My parents and I had drinks and appetizers there once--sitting there is just as fun as it looks! But my favorite thing is looking in this window:
It's the front of the restaurant, and there are table right against the windows. I like to walk really close to them and peer at the diners' plates. Everyone really appreciates it.

Many nights this summer when Sarah or I was feeling squirrely after dinner we would walk down to Bethesda. There is something soothing about this area to me. I always leave feeling better.

No comments:

Post a Comment