Tuesday, September 1, 2009

First Day of Work

September 1, 2009: In Which Abby Becomes a Grown-Up. I have a real grown-up job. It comes with a real desk (an L-shape!) and a window!!! But the exciting part is that I get to be TOTALLY involved with flu vaccination and outbreak. This is gonna rock! It's going to be hard, and will probably require me to do some scary things (like cold-calling dozens of OB/GYN offices), but I will learn soooo much! I already got to use some things I learned from online emergency preparedness courses I took to get a head start. Now, at the end of the day, I am exhausted, but excited for what tomorrow holds. The darkness of the picture (in addition to the fact that I had the flash turned off) is a good reflection of how dark it was when I left the house this morning at 6:30. I had budgeted an hour and a half to drive to work. It took me 45 minutes. This was great. Tomorrow I don't have to be in until 9. At that time, it may take me an hour and a half to get in. Clearly, I have not yet figured out DC traffic.

No comments:

Post a Comment