Monday, September 14, 2009

Project 365 Day 30

Today was a really productive day at work. No one was around, which was a bummer because I was wearing one of my cool new outfits, but on the upside I got a bunch of tasks done that required lots of concentration. With my cute outfit, which involves brown pants, I decided to wear some brown suede heels I had bought in my pre-arthritis days. You should know that I never wear heels. I don't stand or walk much in this job, so I figured it was worth a try. I pretty much walk like a bad drag queen in these heels. At one point I tottered to the kitchen in the office, and one of the older ladies from the front said, "you're not walking so well. You're walking like me--and I'm old!" Always a boost in a comment like that!

I walked to get my pants hemmed, and saw the following:
While this does appear to be a squirrel eating a tennis ball, it was actually eating this giant fruit/seed/thing that is in abundance this time of year. They have hard green outsides, with shiny brain-like ripples. I have seen kids using them as soccer balls, baseballs, and the kind of balls you roll down the slide to your parents. They're cool-looking, but I hope none of them drops on my head. I proceeded to the tailor. While I was standing on a fitting block, the small Asian seamstress started rapping on my left ankle. Assuming she was commenting on my stance (I sometimes put my feet in funny positions), I shifted my weight. She continued rapping. It wasn't until she started tugging at my pants that I realized I was standing on the hem she was trying to pin up.

I had an important realization today. I do not detest all tea. The other day I had some Earl Gray, which was palatable but not delicious. Today I tried some Lady Gray, and I actually liked it! The funny thing is that everyone has been trying to get me to drink herbal tea, which I really don't like. But it seems like black tea is far less offensive. Tomorrow I try Irish Breakfast. And since I didn't take a photo of my tea, I post a photo of this:
It's Stick Tea for real! Two years ago a doctor had told Sarah to drink a certain medicinal tea. It was muddy brown, and, in accordance with its taste, Sarah named it "stick tea." I guess twig tea has smaller pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment